P86 p/month gives you up to P86 000 legal cover per matter.
- Immediate face-to-face legal consultations and assistance from our Legal Counsellors when you join
- Protection covering you, your spouse or partner and all your children under the age of 18 years.
- Access to our highly qualified and experienced panel of attorneys who will represent you and cover up to P86 000 per matter for legal expenses, should your matter need representation in court or Alternative Dispute Resolution Forums.
- Choice to use your own attorney *
- 24-hour legal assistance via our LegalLine, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (e.g. help for urgent bail applications), as well as online legal assistance during office hours.
- P9 000 cash for legal expenses for the accidental death of the main Member. This cash payout will be made to your nominated beneficiary and can be used to pay legal expenses such as estate settlements or legal and financial advice
- Access to LegalWise Branches and payment if legal expenses for matters whilst visiting or staying temporarily in South Africa
*Terms & Conditions apply
Matters that our Legal Counsellors will assist you with:
- Matrimonial disputes (uncontested divorces)
- Insurance problems (e.g. life policy or car insurance claims)
- Consumer related problems (e.g. guarantees and defective goods)
- Home-owner problems (e.g. faulty alterations, home improvements, defective building works)
- Job related matters (e.g. unfair dismissals, unfair retrenchments)
- Criminal charges against our Member or his/her family
- Motor vehicle problems and accident claims
- Personal injury claims
What is NOT covered by the LegalWise Membership?
Our membership is kept affordable by not covering the following:
- Defamation cases
- Business related matters
- Admission of guilt fines
- Cover for legal matters that occurred before your 3 months waiting period*
- Collective actions
- Traffic fines
- Political matters
LegalWise Counsellors strive to assist with any legal matters or questions you may have, even if they are not covered by your LegalWise Membership, such as:
- Debt services (e.g. settlement negotiations, debt counselling, rescission of administration orders and judgments)
- Family Services (e.g. drafting of basic wills, ante nuptial contracts)
- Other civil services (e.g. mediation or referrals to Alternative Dispute Resolution forums)
- Access to LegalWise Branches and payment of legal expenses for covered matters whilst visiting or staying temporarily in South Africa